Hello everyone, and welcome to The Amateur Financier! If you’re a regular reader, you might be wondering if you’re even in the right place; there’s quite a bit of difference between this site and the old Amateur Financier website, after all. But let me assure you, this is The Amateur Financier. It’s just, well, better, to be frank.
Thanks to the effort from Eric of NarrowBridge Finance fame, I’ve been (or more truthfully, he’s been) making substantial changes to the site, helping it to run faster, operate more smoothly, and look shinier, to boot. We’re not quite finished as of this writing, so don’t think things are settled yet. While we’re (or again, he’s) putting the finishing touches on, though, you can check out some of the great posts on other blogs, starting with
Great Yakezie Posts
A Total Beginner’s Guide to Alternative Investments – You hear about alternate investments a lot, but if you are completely at a loss on how to start, check out this post from The College Investor.
How to Improve Your Credit Score to 800 and Higher – If you’d like to learn how the Financial Samurai got his credit score over 800 (and how you can too), enjoy the read.
Tips for Public Speaking and Giving Business Presentations – I’m a former speech team member, and know it’s tough to do, so these tips from Untemplater are good to have.
I’m a Registered Organ Donor, but I’m Keeping the Organs in Use – I’m with Crystal of Budgeting in The Fun Stuff on this one; you can have my organs when I’m dead, but not a single kidney before.
Other Great Posts
Contests and Giveaways
- Couple Money’s Nexus 7 Giveaway – Couple Money is celebrating 4 years of publishing (an impressive event, I know) by giving away an impressive looking tablet by September 30th. Go Elle!
- Friday Giveaway Roundup-228 Giveaways – As always, David of Young Adult Money shares a list of all the contests ending within the next week; go check it out!
Also as always, if you have any contests or giveaways you’d like me to share with my readers, please drop a line and let me know; I’m eager to hear about anything you have going on!
Where The Amateur Financier Was Featured
My debt control article covering 13 Ways to Control Your Student Debt was covered in the following carnivals:
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie at Frugal Rules
- Carnival of MoneyPros at Money Wise Pastor
- Yakezie Carnival at Money Life and More
- Financial Carnival for Young Adults at Degrees and Debt
That’s it for this Round-Up. Here’s hoping you have a great week, as I’m sure I will getting everything finished on my shiny new blog set-up! (And if I sound like a happy kid on Christmas, that’s pretty much how I feel!)