As rightly pointed out by David Bailey: “To get rich you have to be making money while you’re asleep.” So true isn’t it? I believe it is a great habit to save money before you spend. However, it is an even better habit of making extra money by other than what your regular full-time job fetches you. There are several ways one could do that:
- Become a freelance writer: If you have the skill for it, there is no looking back. There are several online portals where you can apply for jobs related to writing. You can make a decent amount ranging from $5 to $50 per article. Few sites where you can apply for such jobs are: freelance.com, skyword.com
- Use your hobby or passion: If you are a passionate singer or dancer but working a full-time job in another industry. This is the best way for you to make money. You can provide one on one lessons or even join a running studio to offer your services.
- Tutor Online: There are ample opportunities available online for different courses. You can check out options like tutor.com and see where your interest lies.
- Become a Virtual Assistant: If you are one of those organized people who like to keep everything properly documented and can follow instructions, this is an amazing job. Sites like upwork.com offer some great Virtual Assistant (VA) positions. Pay can be either a fixed monthly income or even an hourly job.
- Pick up a part-time job in a local store: Many stores have the flexibility for you to pick hours over the weekend or otherwise where you can work as a floor or department manager or cashier.
- Sell your pictures online: If you are a great photographer, you can sell your picture online to sites like shutterstock, istock etc.
The ways listed above are just a few but there could be several jobs like babysitting, pet sitting, running errands for people (via craigslist) any many other odd jobs for people. It simply depends on how much time, effort and what skill you are looking to invest in to make that extra cash. Most of these jobs if performed on a day to basis can fetch you anywhere from $100 to $500 a week.