Dang you, ROI! I’ve been tagged by My Life ROI to do a meme covering seven things you don’t know about me. I suppose I can’t put all the blame on him, though, as he was tagged by the Weakonomist. Ah, well, I haven’t exactly been shy about sharing things on this blog; what’s a few more factoids floating around out there?
“7 Things You Didn’t Know About Me” Meme Rules
1. Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
2. Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs. Yeah, this isn’t going to happen; I think ROI got to everyone I would tag anyway, so if you’re reading this and want to do it, just let me know, and I’ll post a link to your article in one of my weekly round-ups.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged. Kind of hard to do when I don’t know who to tag; again, let ME know if you do this.
Here are my 7 things:
- I was on the forensics team in college, which, contrary to what you might suspect, actually involved giving speeches (Forensics comes from the Latin for ‘related to the law’ (or so I’ve been told), which explains why shows like CSI cover ‘forensic science’ and why making your case to a group of judges is part of a forensics competition.) My best event was After-Dinner Speeches (ADS), humorous speeches that are designed to inform and amuse.
- I won the Pennsylvania State Title in the ADS category in my junior year, for a speech on the differences between men and women. Part of my appeal was the ‘visual aids’ that I utilized. (Get your mind of the gutter; I had two pipe-cleaner figures, one a blue pipe-cleaner boy, the other a pink pipe-cleaner girl complete with small pink bow. I think the pipe-cleaner people were more popular than me.)
- I managed to get a tuition-free ride through college thanks to my high SAT scores. It was kind of nice, and is one reason why my student loans weren’t too outrageous when I graduated.
- Among my many hobbies and interests is drawing, and I actually am pretty good. (At least when I have time to practice; lately, all my free time has been spent blogging). Here’s one of my pictures, of which I am particularly proud:
- My biggest spending vice is buying manga and anime (Japanese style comic books and animation, respectively). Luckily, I’ve joined an anime club, which enables me to borrow some of the club’s materials and cut back on my own spending. I still occasionally splurge, though…
- I love Organic Chemistry. For whatever reason, it just clicks with me, whereas most of other people (including virtually of the students who come to my review sessions) seem to struggle endlessly with it. In fact, if and when I get far enough ahead with this blog that I can I turn my attention elsewhere, I’d like to start up an organic chem blog/site (yes, I am that big of a geek).
- I hate April Fool’s Day with the firey passion of eighty-two thousand red giant stars. I’m not a huge prankster, so I tend to be the victim more than the pranker. Yesterday, I ending up getting my rump wet because some joker put water on one of the computer chairs in the break room. Darn You, April Fool!
Well, there you have it, seven things you didn’t know about me. Once again, I’m not tagging anyone else, but if you want to do this, feel free and let me know.