Well, another Thanksgiving has come and gone, as well as another Black Friday. I hope that if you did any shopping, you made sure to stay safe and healthy while doing so. I tried to share some advice on doing so, but how much that actually helped is a whole other issue. I hope that regardless of the general behavior of people throughout the country when it comes to frantic shopping, you managed to stay sane.
As for me, I spent Black Friday at home, watching a recording of the parade with my family, eating leftovers and generally having a nice relaxed time. No shopping craziness, no fighting people through lines in order to get to items on 80% discount, and no little old ladies crushing of my body for the last mixer on sale. All in all, a pretty good Black Friday from my perspective. The time I did spend with my family was time that I didn’t end up spending blogging, though, so I’m a little bit behind when it comes to reading (and posting about) all the blogs out there, so bear with me as I as share some of this past week’s
Great Yakezie Posts
Are Your Holiday Gift Habits Costing You Too Much Money? – A short review of some of the habits that you should shake to save cash this Christmas published on Yakezie.com by Untemplater.
Why I’m Not Signing Up for Obamacare – The short version from Sandy of Yes, I Am Cheap is that it is unaffordable, but this article is one of the best personal looks I’ve seen regarding attempted sign-ups.
The Top 10 Money Tips for College Students – There are a lot of things that college students (and everyone, really) should learn about money, but The College Investor has distilled it down to ten points
How Mobil Banking Can Help You and the Environment – Sustainable Personal Finance shares a reminder about how using technology can help you save time, money, and the environment, to boot.
Other Great Posts
Contests and Giveaways
- Sucré New Orleans Review and Giveaway – We can hardly start without noting that I am giving away a box of macarons to one lucky reader; read, comment, and possibly win!
- Friday Giveaway Roundup-173 Giveaways – It probably shouldn’t surprise you, but over on Young Adult Money, there’s a roundup of some of the contests ending this coming week.
As always, if you’ve got a contest and/or giveaway going on and want me to help promote it, just drop me a line.
Where The Amateur Financier Was Featured
Sometimes the basics are the best; I wrote an article on 3 Big Advantages of Using Savings Accounts, and was featured in numerous carnivals:
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie at One Cent at a Time
- Carnival of Money Pros at Money Pros
- Carnival of Financial Independence at Mom and Dad Money
- Lifestyle Carnival at Cough up the Dough
- Carnival of Retirement at The Skilled Investor
- Yakezie Carnival at Your Money Mentor
- Financial Carnival for Young Adults at Degrees and Debt
Alright, that’s about it from me for now. Here’s hoping you had a wonderful (and not overwhelming) holiday weekend, and that you get all of your shopping done in the near future, if you aren’t lucky enough to have finished it already. Have a wonderful week!