The Official Policy for Writing for The Amateur Financier:
If you are a fellow blogger, or otherwise are running a quality source of personal finance information, I’d be more than happy to publish an entry from you on the Amateur Financier. Just be sure it meets the following criteria, and if I like it, I’ll be glad to put it up. Just be sure to:
- It should be personal finance related. I try to give some leeway, as my blog’s focus is fairly broad, but there should be some link to how individuals (not businesses or governments) use, earn, and manage money.
- It should be well written. I understand there are plenty of non-native English speakers and others with difficulties writing, but if I need to spend more time editing your post than I would writing my own, it’s not reasonable for me to do so.
- It should be substantial. This means both that it should be fairly long (at least 700-1000 words) and that it provides useful information to the reader (no puff pieces or highly specialized articles).
- It should be non-offensive. No racial or sexual slurs, excess profane language (a ‘hell’ or ‘damn’ or two might still fly, if not used in excess), or insults directed at specific political, religious, ethnic, or geographical groups. You can still provide provocative articles about political or ethical issues, but you should find a way to do it without denigrating even those who disagree with you.
- Lastly, and most, importantly, there should be NO links to sales sites in a ‘guest’ post. Such sites include, but are not limited to:
- Legal Advice Sites;
- Insurance Sites;
- Gambling Sites
- Investing Sites; and
- Physical Equipment Sales
- Just to be clear: Your article CAN, of course, link back to personal sites, blogs, or similar websites. I am all for helping my fellow bloggers get off the ground and improve their traffic; but if you’re expecting to use my site for free advertising to promote your products, think again.
If your article meets all the above criteria, let me know and we can discuss the possibility of a guest posting. I look forward to hearing from you.